Favo(u)rite Spots in Edinburgh
*Struggling with that American vs British English.
This is a list of random places that I like to go and that I go to a regular basis. (I've omitted any coffee shops but my faves can be found here).
2. Bia Bistrot, cute French bistro that consistently serves incredible-tasting food
3. Cafe Grande, nice place for lunch with a friend
4. The Chocolate Tree, chocolate, gelato, and hot chocolate. Before tasting their hot chocolate, I had no idea what I'd been missing my whole life
5. Bennet's Bar, classic pub in Tollcross
6. Canny Man's, traditional pub, known for having unfriendly bar-staff but I've never experienced this!
7. Bryant & Mack, small speakeasy with delicious cocktails hidden in Rose Street
8. Curiouser, lots of cool trinkets, cards, and Scottish artwork
9. The Red Door Gallery, similar to Curiouser with quirky artwork
10. Paperchase, a stationary store that will make you want to buy ten different colored pens and notebooks even if you never take notes
11. Anthropologie, a beautifully decorated home and clothing store
12. Dominion Cinema, leather couches and free Pringles!
13. Pleasance Sports Centre, lol I couldn't resist. This is my second home.
14. National Museum of Scotland, it's free and a good place to go on a rainy day
15. Stockbridge Market, great way to spend a Sunday morning
16. Bruntsfield Links, nice place to hang out, dog-watch, or play golf
17. Arches, this area is slightly hidden near the High Street lined with cute shops and restaurants